Ingredients for 2 ½ pastels:
- 6 tablespoons white beeswax (for a vegan version, you can use soy wax and carnauba wax)
- 2 tablespoons oil (linseed or jojoba or walnut)
- 2 tablespoons Earth & Mineral Pigments
- Create a double boiler using a tin can. Bend a pouring spout on the can with a pair of pliers. Simmer the beeswax and oil in the can over medium heat until the beeswax is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the pigment, evenly distributing it with the pigment in the wax mixture. Continue stirring while the mixture begins to cool.
- Pour mixture into prepared molds.
- Allow the pastels to harden fully before removing from the mold. They will be ready to use in 24 hours. Wrap stick with aluminum foil if you desire.
- Repeat this recipe for each color you require!