There are countless ways to use our Natural Gold Mica Earth & Mineral Pigment. Here are a few!
1. Natural Gold Mica Oil Paint
- Pour a small amount of Natural Gold Mica onto a glass palette.
- Add a few drops of Refined Walnut Oil.
- Mix with a palette knife until smooth, adding more oil as needed to achieve your desired consistency.
- Paint away!
2. Flash Gilding
- Brush oil or water-based adhesive onto a dry painting surface.
- Dip a dry, soft brush into dry Natural Gold Mica.
- Dust onto your wet surface.
- Wait until completely dry before blowing or lightly brushing off the excess. This will create a rich, metallic finish.
3. Natural Gold Mica Egg Tempera Paint
- Natural Gold Mica Earth & Mineral Pigment
- Raw egg
- Optional: clove oil
- Crack egg & pour out egg whites, keeping only the yolk in the shell.
- Pour the yolk onto paper towel to gently dry.
- Puncture the sack around egg yolk and squeeze yolk out into dish.
- Mix the yolk with the Natural Gold Mica in a 1:1 ratio, adjusting as needed.
- Dilute the paint with water for a thinner paint.
- Add clove oil to slow spoilage.
- Paint Away! Tempera paint doesn’t store well once mixed, so only mix the amount you need.
4. Natural Gold Mica Wax
Mix 1 part Natural Gold Mica and 3 parts wax. Apply to any surface and burnish as desired.
5. Natural Gold Mica Modeling Clay
6. Natural Gold Mica Acrylic Paint
7. Natural Gold Mica Drawing Ink