DIY Natural & Kid-Friendly Slime April 30 2018
Slime just never seems to get old! My 8 year old has loved it his entire life. Most slime recipes that we've found online call for a use of chemical glues, petroleum based dyes / pigments and borax that may cause respiratory, skin, and eye irritation.
Here's an all natural, kid-friendly slime with only 4 ingredients!
What you'll need:
- 1 tbs Psyllium Powder (you can find this at various health shops or pharmacies)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Natural Earth Pigment of your choice (I used ultramarine blue!)
- 2 cups of water
- A medium sized pot
- A whisk
1. Place your pot on the stove top over medium heat.
2. Add in the three dry ingredients. Add the pigment first, then psyllium powder, and then cornstarch, mixing between each addition.
3. Keep mixing with a whisk over medium heat until you achieve the slime consistency you want. I kept mixing for about 10 minutes.
4. Let the slime cool. Afterwards, feel free to play with it or keep it in an airtight container! (Note: Although the slime may leave a few bits on your hands, it won't stain your skin!)