Glitter is a fun way to add some dimension and sparkle to your Easter crafts, but did you know that glitter is also an ecological hazard? Most glitter is made of plastic, and its small size makes it easy for fish and other animals to consume.
So why not make an all natural form of glitter?
- Epsom Salt
- Table Salt
- Natural Earth Paint Kit
- A small airtight container
- A small bowl
- A spoon
1. Combine 1 tablespoon of epsom salt and 1 tablespoon of table salt into your small airtight container.
2. In a separate small bowl, add a small amount of our Natural Earth Paint to water in a 1:1 ratio, and mix with a spoon. (You’ll only need a very small amount!)
3. Add a few drops of the paint to the salt, cap the container, and shake until the color is evenly spread out.
4. Wait until the “glitter” is completely dry, then use it in your crafts! I decorated this envelope by writing in glue and sprinkling the glitter on top.
5. Lastly, feel free to repeat with different colors!