- Our Ingredients: We source our pigments and natural ingredients from businesses across the globe, but they have plenty in common—each one is small, family-owned, and harvests its ingredients sustainably.
- Our Safety Testing: Our paints, pigments, and supplies have been tested by government-certified toxicologists and are third party tested. They are certified non-toxic (ASTM D4236), so you can be sure you’re not introducing more toxins into your home, studio space, and local environment.
- Our Packaging: We use 100% post-consumer recycled packaging, home-compostable pigment pouches, and recyclable glass and aluminum bottles for our products.
- Our Facilities: We operate out of a solar-powered facility in Southern Oregon that also serves as a community drop-off site to reuse packaging materials. Additionally, all our kit boxes are created in a wind-powered facility.
- Our Certifications: We’re committed to a truly eco-friendly business model as reflected by our prestigious Gold certification from Green America, the highest rank for a green business.
- Our Contributions: We believe being eco-friendly means not only creating a sustainable business, but also a sustainable world. That’s why we give a portion of our profits from each purchase to organizations like One Tree Planted, Rogue Climate, Rogue River Keeper, Green America, and many more.
Orders containing in-stock items are typically processed within 2 business days from when we receive the order during operating hours. If a purchase contains out-of-stock or pre-order items, we will ship the order once ALL items are available and it can be fulfilled completely. Once an order is shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information; please save this email in case of any issues with your order.
After a package leaves our facility, it becomes the responsibility of the contracted carrier to get it to you. Any issues or problems that arise must be resolved with them directly. For USPS orders in particular, we've be instructed that it is best for the recipient to first speak with their local post office regarding any concerns.
We work hard to ensure orders are processed and received as quickly as possible, but unfortunately, we're unable to locate lost or delayed packages. We recognize errors happen and ask for your patience in those circumstances, but we will not ship replacement items or issue refunds until a formal determination is made by the carrier. Please use the resources outlined above to seek resolution if needed.
- Oil painters who are sensitive to or simply want to avoid exposure to solvents (white spirit, mineral spirits, turpentine), heavy metal toxins, petroleum-based pigments, and toxic preservatives.
- Students and teachers in schools and colleges where the practice of oil painting is prohibited because of the toxic solvents and the heavy metal toxins notorious in conventional paints such as lead white or any of the cadmium or cobalt colors.
- Artists working in shared studio space where the buildup of solvent fumes could lead to an acutely dangerous concentration of vapors.
- Artists who work within a small home environment and wish to reduce the odor of oil painting.
- Artists who want more vibrancy and luminosity in their paintings without fillers and preservatives to dull the color.
- Artists on-the-go who frequently travel by air and need a painting option that’s easy and safe to carry with them.
- Earth-conscious artists who want to protect the planet, take control of their materials, or mix their own paints like the Old Masters of the Renaissance.